28 June 2012

Early Review: Survive by Alex Morel

Survive by Alex Morel
Publisher: Razorbill
Publication Date: August 2012
Number of Pages: 259
Book Format: ARC (Recieved from Around The World ARC Tours)
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

These plane crash books never cease to amaze me. They keep getting better and better. In Survive by Alex Morel, Jane is a patient in a suicide watch hospital and she wants to kill her self because she’s still dealing with the pain of her father committing suicide a few years earlier. So Jane puts this whole plan together where she is very good and earns enough points to be able to fly back to her home and spend Christmas with her family. On the plan though she plans to take a bunch of pills and die before she even gets home. The problem is her plan is spoiled when the plane crashes right before she’s going to swallow the pills. When Jane wakes up she’s completely alone except for one other person Paul and together they have to fight to Survive.

Weird right? She wants to kill herself but then she’s luck to be alive when plenty of other people who wanted to be alive are dead, funny how that works, and we see that it hurts her that it worked that way in the book. Not because she still wants to be dead but because she feels guilty about being just about to kill herself but then being one of the only ones to survive. But our other survivor Paul, helps her to get over her guilt and gets them to safety.

I knew that Paul was going to be the love interest because of the blurb on the back but I knew when she met him too. She was in a line to get onto the plane and she was getting annoyed with the guy in front of her because he was taking so long which caused her to freak out, luckily he’s not that crazy and he started to crack jokes to calm her down. Right then and there I knew his name was Paul even though they hadn’t said it yet. So when he sat next to her on the plane extended his hand and said “I’m Paul Hart” I screamed I KNEW IT! At like 1:30 in the morning!

After the plane crash our main characters survive for a few days in a tiny airplane bathroom to keep warm but then the jet fuel fumes start getting closer so they know they have to move. One of the things I loved about this book was that the love wasn’t instant! Jane actually really disliked Paul before they really got to know each other and I love that in a book!

In the end the book get’s a 5 out of 5 stars for the reasons I’ve stated above! I loved the suspense of Paul & Jane struggling to survive alone in the mountains in the dead of winter yes you read right! Also because they weren’t instant loves which I talked more about in the above paragraph! I hope you enjoyed this review =)

View all my reviews


2 comments:

  1. OH my! This is on my wishlist, basically ive been intrigued with this book for quite a while now, from the cover to the title and the synops, plus your review? im sold. I cant wait to get my hands on this book. Great review Paige. x

    Ƹ̴Ӂ̴ƷFICBOOKREVIEWSƸ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! I'm glad you enjoyed the book, too. I like reading plane crash stories as well, they're quite interesting! From Alvie at Teenage Fiction

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you guys so leave as many as your heart desires =)

 
Imagination Designs