05 August 2012

Pushing The Limits Read Along: Questions Week #1


Hey peoples! I know I've been double posting a lot lately but I've been busying and I'm a little backed up so sorry for this being like the third post today but I only have a few more hours to submit these questions so I had to put it up right now =) So here are week ones questions for the Pushing The Limits read along!

1. The story starts out with Echo’s thoughts on how she wants to answer her therapist’s questions (snarky and caustically truthful) which are quickly juxtaposed to how she does (milque-toasty and banal). Who do you think she hides the truth for more, her parents or herself?
I definitely think she hides the truth more for her parents then for her, because the whole time she’s sitting there every time the therapist asks her a questions she thinks one thing and then says something completely different so I knew then it was for her parents.

2. We see Mrs. Collins, the school therapist, interact with both Echo and Noah in the first few chapters. From those interactions, what do you think of her? Is she a prototypical caricature of state care? Or do you think she’s there to make an honest difference in the lives of those she’s there to help?
I believe Mrs. Collins really wants to be there for Echo & Noah and help them through the tough times. I know she’s not just there because she has to be. You can tell when that’s the case like with Ashley at the meeting but Mrs. Collins was completely different.

3. Noah has two friends, Beth and Isaiah, who have his back no matter what--through thick and thin--and he has theirs. Consequently, his life is a little easier because he has two people who know about his situation. Echo only has one close friend, and Lila will barely speak to her in school. Do you think Echo would have had an easier time coping and moving on if she had friends like Noah does?
Yes, I think she would have had an easier time because she would have had more people surrounding her and supporting her trying to make her feel better. Her only having one friend it makes it hard because just one friend can’t always make you feel 100% better.

4 . Echo fixates on a colorful ribbon that sits on the school counselor's desk during their one-on-one sessions. Do you think this is a case of "Oh, look at the pretty ribbon. Let me zone out while staring at it" , or could it have a deeper significance!
I can’t remember this scene in huge detail but I do think it had to have some significance because when your in an important meeting like that you don’t just zone out staring at a red ribbon unless it means something.

5. Noah and the jacket... Already when Noah and Echo meet for the first time, Noah got angry when Echo forgot her Jacket (pg 34). Then on Echo’s Birthday party Noah gave Echo his jacket when he saw that she forgot hers (pg 54). There is a significance behind his anger when Echo has no coat and it tells already so much about Noah! a) Why do you think is Noah so focused on Echo and her Jacket and what does that tell you about Noah's character?b) Show us your favorite jacket! Either with you having it on or alone!
Each time Noah started talking about a jacket I thought “aww he’s so sweet for worrying about somebody he doesn’t really know like that” So yes it made me think awesome things about his character despite him being a bad boy! And I don’t really have a favorite jacket because I rarely wear them so I can’t show you one!

6. Echo wears gloves all the time to hide her scars. Not only for her sake, but obviously also for the others. When Noah sees Echo’s scars for the first time he’s shocked. a) Do you think this was the moment he began to see Echo in a different light?b) Show us your favorite pair of gloves!.
Yes, I absolutely think that’s when Noah fell for her probably because when he saw those scars he realized that she had problems and a messed up life too just like him!

I love being apart of this read along and I'm loving the book so far! All the hosts of this tour is on the button above so make sure you go to their sites and check out the schedule!

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you guys so leave as many as your heart desires =)

 
Imagination Designs