05 January 2013

Review: Every Day by David Levithan

Publisher: Knopf Books For Young Readers
Publication Date: August 28, 2012
Book Format: ARC
Number of Pages: 322
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I received Every Day by David Levithan as a winning from Random Buzzers. This is an honest review.

Wow Every Day is so not what I was expecting, but in a totally good way. A switches bodies every day, and that means exactly what I said he or she is never in the same body for twice ever and it’s a little tough but this is the only life A has ever known so it’s normal and he or she is okay with it until Rhiannon comes along.

I’m not really sure how to describe A because it was not made known in the book if A was a boy or a girl but I kind of just went with he. I’m not sure why but from the very beginning that was my first instinct and I went with it. Either way I enjoyed A’s character, no matter what happened he was always hooked on Rhiannon from the day he met her he knew she was the one. He always wanted what was best for her even if it hurt him or the body he was in, and that I thought was pretty amazing.

My favorite character though was Rhiannon, and the reason being is because I saw a little bit of myself in her. The things that were going on in her love life I could relate. I could also relate with her feelings most of the time, which is what totally drew me into her character.

Can we just talk about switching bodies every day for a second? I cannot even imagine that happening. I would so not be able to handle it the pain of not knowing who I really was not having real parents or real friends would kill me and I’d probably just become this depressed person. I have no clue how A dealt with it! (as if he’s a real person!)

I’m not sure if this book is meant to be a standalone because by the ending I was very confused. Out of the whole book the ending is the one thing that I was totally not happy with! It’s crazy how things just abruptly ended and left me with my jaw hanging open. Sometimes that factor can be good but In this case I’m not too happy with it. (part of me thinks that’s because of my mood at the time of reading the ending but who knows)

Overall the book gets a 4 out of 5 stars because of the whole ending thing but If I had the chance to turn around and pick another book I wouldn’t because I really did end up enjoying this one quite a lot.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you guys so leave as many as your heart desires =)

 
Imagination Designs