26 March 2013

Early Review: A Trick Of The Light by Lois Metzger

A Trick of the Light by Lois Metzger
Publisher: Balzer & Bray
Publication Date: June 18, 2013
Book Format: ARC
Number of Pages: 208
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I received A Trick Of The Light by Lois Metzger from Around The World ARC Tours for my honest review.

In this dark, and very deep story we meet a 15 year old named Mike. He lives alone with his parents who basically hate each other. His dad is always working and his mother who is so depressed is either sleeping or taking long baths. Mike who is a little out of shape thinks this is all a normal life until he meets Amber.

When we first met Mike in the story I did think he was little strange, he has some sort of speech problem which makes it hard for people to understand what hes saying if he doesn't talk slow enough, and hes a bit naive to the things around him but all in all he is a sweet guy with a few personal issues.

He doesn't have many friends but the few he does have seem sort of okay. His best friend Tamio seems nice, that's one of the things I didn't like about the book is that Mike was pushing away all of the people that were really there for him, I know he was sick but still it was sad to watch.

From the beginning of the book I knew Amber was a little bit crazy, I mean when you walk into the super market knowing every detail about everything they have in the store and where it all is as well yeah that's a little weird. Don't you think? I liked her at first but by the end I wasn't really a fan of hers even though that's probably not nice to say because she was a little sick too, and it's not really her fault that nobody is helping her.

Overall this book gets a 5 out of 5 stars; I love how deep it went. There were times in the book were I was rooting for Mike to start figuring out the right ways to do things, I could not put this book down for the life of me!

View all my reviews



2 comments:

  1. І waѕ recommеnded this web site bу my сοusin.
    I am not sure whether thіs post is written bу him as nobody elѕe knοw such dеtailed about my trοuble.
    Yοu're incredible! Thanks!

    Feel free to surf to my blog: Www.seoportal.ro

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oregano is a реrenniаl herb which meаns it ωill come bаck уеaг аfter yeaг, and can get out of cοntгol if not pгopeгly cоntaineԁ.
    Mіx the abovе ingredients together аnd рlaсe a meԁіum ѕaucepan.
    Onе οf the main attrаction to thesе cοnveсtion tоаsteг
    oѵens агe the big bright digital displау counters that keep time when not in use.


    Hегe is my ѕіte; pizza pan akron

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you guys so leave as many as your heart desires =)

 
Imagination Designs