17 August 2013

Review: Skull Creek Stakeout by Eddie Jones

Skull Creek Stakeout by Eddie Jones
Publisher: ZonderKidz
Release Date: August 6, 2013
Book Format: ARC
Number of Pages: 192
Synopsis: The good news is...vampires aren't real. The bad news is...you can't believe the news. After solving the Deadwood ghost story, Nick lands a job as a roving reporter for The Cool Ghoul Gazette, a website on paranormal disturbances. When the editor sends Nick to investigate a murder, Nick finds a corpse sporting fangs, bite marks and a gaping hole in its chest, courtesy of a wooden stake. Will Nick unravel the truth behind the 'blood covenant, ' or will his new job suck the life out of him? Nick Caden has a 'supernatural' knack for finding trouble. He's a normal fourteen-year-old who attracts ghosts, vampires, and the undead---or so it seems. But Nick's relentless search for truth leads him into worlds of darkness with grave consequences, where the dead, dying and deranged walk... on really hot coals

My Review:

I received Skull Creek Stakeout by Eddie Jones from the publisher, and this is my honest review.

Skull Creek Stakeout is book two in the Caden Chronicles series, which follows Nick Caden on his different adventures of solving crimes. This adventure takes him to a town called Transylvania where a man who owns a creepy looking manor is found dead on a golf course with a stake driven through his heart. Now knowing Nick from the first book we know he's going to be interested because one he gets to play investigator, two the guy is dressed and killed like a vampire. Everything definitely gets interesting from here. 

Nick's character matured a lot in book two which I thought was cool. I wasn't expecting him to mature much because book two only took place 2 months after book one but he did a lot. Like there weren't that many scenes with his sister, but when there were he acted more like a big brother towards her than being rude. Also while questioning people he didn't seem annoying. In book one he asked a million of questions and kind of had an attitude almost but in book two he was much more respectful. 

Another thing I liked about this book is that it was very spooky at times which I like. The creepy manor was one of my favorite parts because there aren't too many books when a fourteen year old boy gets locked in a creepy mansion with no way out. Then when Nick was sitting in front of Meg's laptop and it was randomly typing messages to him yeah weird! Let's talk about Meg for a few minutes, I think she was a pretty good step up from Annie in book one. The reason I say this is because when she first met Nick she was a little skeptical about what he was doing same as Annie but it didn't take her long to warm up to him. Annie was all over the place when it came to supporting Nick but Meg after she warmed up was by his side until the very last page. 

Again this book had my flipping pages like a mad woman because I wanted to know what was going to happen, and there were times where I thought I knew exactly who the killer was but then in the end Jones ended up completely flipping it around on me which was awesome that he was able to do that! Book two gets a solid 5 out of 5 stars.



I hope you all enjoyed this review! These books are so cute, and I'm very excited for book 3 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you guys so leave as many as your heart desires =)

 
Imagination Designs